Victorian Lava Cherub Brooch
- Victorian Lava Cherub Brooch
- Brooch features a handcarved high relief Cherub with a fish inside of a shell.
- Made in Italy during the 1800s.
- Lava cameos were originally sold as souvenirs to travelers visiting the Ruins of Pompeii while on the Grand Tour of Europe.
- The "Lava" is not actually cooled lava rock, likely it is tuff or volcanic breccia.
- The brooch measures 2 1/4" x 7/8" x 3/8" deep.
- Has original pin back with C-hook style catch.
- Carved Lava in good - very good condition. There are a few chips along the rim of the shell.
** Inventory from our Bridal & Curated Collections is not stocked in our Seattle store. If you wish to try on Collection items while visiting our Seattle store please contact for an appointment. **
We have many more unique items in our Seattle store that are not featured online so please ask if you do not see what you are looking for!