Victorian Grand Tour Micro Mosaic Dangle Earrings
- Antique Victorian Micro Mosaic Earrings.
- The earrings feature four glass micro mosaics surrounded by inlaid Malachite and set into black onyx.
- The micro mosaics depict architectural sites from the Victorian Grand Tour:
- L top - Pyramid of Cestius / L bottom - The Colosseum
- R top - The Three Pillars of Aedes / R bottom - The Pantheon
- Stamped with a French eagles head hallmark (18kt) on ring at top of dangle.
- Settings test as 18kt gold. Clip style findings are not original and are gold filled.
- Earrings measure 2 1/4" x 5/8".
- Earrings weigh 12.6 grams.
- Overall condition is very good. The black glass surround on the drop featuring The Pantheon has a small chip, see last detail photo.
- Made in the early to mid 1800s.
Share this item: