Damascene Hannya Mask Earrings
- Damascene Hannya Noh Mask Earrings.
- Authentic vintage Japanese Damascene. Darkened steel plaques are engraved and inlaid with silver and gold to create the mask designs. The earring surmounts feature a flower design.
- Earrings were likely made in the 1940s-1950s.
- The Hannya mask represents jealous female demon and expresses female rage and pain.
- Earrings feature original screwback finding.
- Earrings measure 2" long. The plaque shaped dangles measure 1 1/4" x 7/8".
- Marked "AMITA JAPAN" on reverse of earring surmount.
- Earring settings are made from brass.
- Condition is good. One of the mask faces has some wear to the silver and gold applique. Settings have slight scratches.
** Inventory from our Bridal & Curated Collections is not stocked in our Seattle store. If you wish to try on Collection items while visiting our Seattle store please contact for an appointment. **
We have many more unique items in our Seattle store that are not featured online so please ask if you do not see what you are looking for!